Some Helpful Tips
We know there is a lot on a persons mind when it comes to moving. We would like to provide you with a few reminders of what you should remember to do when moving.
- Do not pack or ship flammable items such as: hairspray, bleach, paint, etc.
- Remove fuel from equipment such as lawn mowers, gas grills, and gas from motorcycles.
- Mark boxes with the contents and room destination.
- Move legal documents, jewelry, currency, etc., personally
- Contact utility companies for service disconnection.
- Get boxes for packing. Using newer boxes will help prevent damage.
- Clean your house and get organized before the moving truck arrives.
- If you cannot be at home while the truck is being unloaded be sure to have someone accept delivery and pay the charges for you.
- When loading has been completed, walk around each room to make sure that nothing has been left behind.
- Shut off all gas appliances & lights before leaving.
- Close or transfer bank accounts if necessary.